Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Hope for Art - Workshops


Monotype by Maria Wargo


Last Year I attended one of their workshops and I loved it. It was 4 or 5 days of painting and learning new techniques. The workshop was called Making Monotypes: Hand Printing with Water-Based Inks. I also had the pleasure to be instructed by one of the creators of the water inks, Susan Rostow. I had worked with those inks in the past and it is amazing how great it is to paint without breathing in toxic fumes from oil based inks. The Akua Kolor inks have giving me the opportunity to be healthy and enjoy painting so much more. Another great thing is the quick and easy to clean , water and a sponge and you are done in no time.
I'm hoping that I can make it for their upcoming workshop called Clay Monoprints on February 19th, 2008.
Check their website for upcoming workshops at
http://www.newhopeforart.com/
 



Susan Rostow having a final look at our work and giving us
some overview of what we've learned and how each 
person applied the techniques to their art.

No comments: